- 1953: Established by General Motors Overseas Distribution Company of USA.
- 1963: Purchased by our late Chairman Lt.General ® Habibullah Khan.
- 1964: Khattak and renamed as Ghandhara Industries Limited Major PRODUCTS Bedford trucks and buses and Vauxhall cars.
- 1972: Nationalized by the Government of Pakistan and renamed as National Motors Limited, Major Products Bedford trucks and buses and Toyota Hiace Pickup and tyoto cars.
- 1984: ISUZU vehicles added to existing Bedford models and Toyota Vehicles.
- 1985: Toyota Franchise transferred from National Motors to House of Habib.
- 1992: Reacquired from Government by our Late Chairman, Lt.Geneal ® Habibullh Khan Khattak.
- 1994: Our Charmin left for Heavenly abode and his son Mr. Ahmed Kuli Khan Khattak appointed as Chief Executive.
- 1999: Renamed as Ghandhara Industries limited in Nov.1999.
- 2005: Paid off all Bank Loans accumulated during the Government Period and started with clean slate.
- 2006: Paid 35% dividend after 21 years.
- 2007: Mr. Muhammad Kuli Khan Khattak joined in January as Deputy Chief Executive.
Mr. Muhammad Kuli Khan Khattak is an automotive management professional with a vast experience and proven management, sales, advertising, marketing and new business development skills. He is Deputy Chief Executive Officer in Ghandhara Industries Limited.
Mr. Khan was educated at Aitchison College Lahore and completed his Bachelors and Masters from Bahria University.
He has also completed a business development course from London School of Economics.
Mr. Muhammad Kuli Khan Khattak is a certified Director from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan ICAP).
He also serves on the following board of directors:
- Universal insurance Company Ltd.
- Gammon Pakistan Ltd.
- The General Tyre & Rubber Company of Pakistan Ltd.